We had such a great turn out at out first Mom’s Night Out — a Spa-jama party! Lots of great finger foods, hand/foot scrub, foot soak, bath salts, and a variety of face masks! If you loved one of the products, or missed the meeting and want to try them out, you can find the recipes below so that you can create your own spa night at home!
1/3 cup virgin Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Coarse Salt
10 – 15 drops Peppermint essential oil
1. In a cool room coconut oil will be solid. If necessary, soften it ever so slightly in a small pot over low – medium heat on the stove. Do not let it melt completely. It should be just soft enough to easily mash with a fork.
2. Combine the softened coconut and salt in a glass bowl or jar. Using a fork, mash the oil and salt until well combined. Add essential oil and stir with the fork until it has been well incorporated.
3. Store your coconut oil foot scrub in a cool dark place. To maintain freshness and hygiene, avoid putting your fingers directly into the scrub. Instead, use a clean spoon to scoop some out as you need it.
1 cup of Sea Salt
1 cup of Epsom salt
2 cups of Baking Soda
10 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
5 drops of Lemon essential oil
1. Combine sea salt, epsom salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Add essential oils
3. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients again to distribute the oil(s) throughout the mixture.
4. Once combined, store in a sealable container. When ready to use … pour about 1/4 cup of the salt/oil mixture into a bowl, add hot water (as hot as you can stand), and add feet!
1 cup Epsom Salt
1/4 cup Baking Soda
12 drops of Rose essential oil
8 drops of Lemon essential oil
1. Combine epsom salts and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir until well mixed.
2. Gently stir in essential oils to the salt mixture.
Avocado Face Mask
1 teaspoon Honey
1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
1/4 ripe Avocado
2 drops Rose essential oil
1. Mash up the avocado really well, then add all other ingredients and mix well.
2. Smooth the mask over your face and neck. Leave on your face for 15 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
Coffee Face Mask
2 tbsp Coffee grounds
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
3 tbsp Plain Yogurt
1 tbsp Honey
1. Combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
2. Massage the mask into skin and allow to dry for 15-20 minutes. Rinse.
Detox Face Mask
10 tsp Bentonite Clay
10 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
8 drops of Frankincense essential oil
8 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
4 drops of Lavender essential oil
1. Mix the bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar together in a bowl. It will foam up and then should form into a paste. If your mixture is too watery, add more bentonite clay. Conversely, if your mixture is too thick, add more apple cider vinegar.
2. Once your bentonite clay has been made into a paste, you’ll need to add essential oils and stir them in really well.
3. Apply the mask to your skin. You’ll want to let it dry for 5-10 minutes if you have delicate skin or 15-20 minutes for normal skin. Because of the bentonite clay, you’ll feel a pulling, tightening, and tingling sensation. You’ll want to remove your the mask by rinsing it off with warm water or a warm, wet washcloth. Your face will have redness due to the deep pore cleansing of the clay, but it will go away within 30 minutes.